Columbia Rebel Roamer pants

Justlookin

Member+
Does anyone have experience with Columbia Rebel Roamer rain pants? I'm thinking about getting a pair but trying to figure out if they're lined or unlined. If they are lined, what material is the lining? Is it soft silky nylon? Thanks!

Miss Betsy

Member+
The “lining” if you want to call it that is nylon and the outside slightly heavier nylon. They have a fantastic swish to them so you’ll probably get some looks when wearing them, but honestly that’s part of their charm, for me anyways.

Justlookin

Member+
The “lining” if you want to call it that is nylon and the outside slightly heavier nylon. They have a fantastic swish to them so you’ll probably get some looks when wearing them, but honestly that’s part of their charm, for me anyways.
Thanks! I think I'll have to get a pair! Do they feel good against bare skin?

Side note, I have a pair of TNF Venture rain pants. They don't have a lining specifically, just a white waterproof backing against the nylon shell. It's not smooth like nylon taffeta. Don't get me wrong, it's okay, just not silky... More plastic-like. I usually wear them over a pair of Charles River nylon pants.

Miss Betsy

Member+
No idea how it feels against bare skin but I can tell you that the waterproof backing found in most rain pants isnt in them. They also have little velcros at the bottom so you can adjust how loose or tight you want them. If you want some rain pants that look and feel like regular nylon pants then I would also advise to go with Sondico. They’re relatively inexpensive and they have zipper pockets, which for me is a plus.

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I got also the Venture without lining and the white coating, but my pant are sold as 2,5L Hyvent Rain pants...

And I love that feeling, they're very loud, absolutely correct and I like the feeling, assuming an appropriate temperature, very much...! 😉 I'm searching for the jacket too but they're usually 100-130€

Justlookin

Member+
Alright, I ordered the rebel roamer pants! Should have them tomorrow!

My TNF pants are also the 2.5L Hyvent. I got them at a TNF outlet on sale for $40 or so. The girl at the checkout was a beautiful blonde wearing a black Nuptse vest... so hot! I was so nervous back then that she might think I had a nylon fetish. She gave me this look, like "I know your dirty little secret" along with a little smirk. But looking back on that, it would've been pretty hot! Would've loved for her to see me in my nylon pants. I should've got the matching jacket while I was there too.

Last edited:

Justlookin

Member+
With all this talk about TNF venture pants, I thought I'd wear them today.

full

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom