Cant upload pics?!

GMUS27

MVP
Member+
I've been having the same problem. It keeps loading, and loading, even for one picture.

hunter

Hmm Im looking into this. Im not sure why its happening yet but ill try to fix it asap.

hunter

Hey all sorry this is still going on. Im still trying to figure it out. I think it might be a problem with the backup that I got since I can upload to the gallery on a test install with all the same settings. Ill keep you posted.

hunter

Hey guys not sure how to move forward. It looks like the backup I got from the last owner was corrupted. I think the only options are to keep going with this site without being able to upload to the gallery or start over from scratch.

Heino

I cant upload my content is it gonna be posseble our do you have an other site whit new content

hunter

Its easy enough to start over but all the old images and accounts would be deleted. At this point I feel like I got scammed a bit. I have tried going through support for this but because of how the original data is from such an old install of IPB and other reasons Im not getting much help from the company. The problem is in the database I got. I tested that a lot of times but the problem only shows up on this database.

The only thing I can think of is to leave this alone so people can still look at the gallery and just start another site next to it for new stuff. what do you think?

remixedcat

Well I can help, but I'd need admin access.. I used to work for invision power board actually... so they would be willing to listen to me.

I had a few clients that had the same issues but it takes a while to fix.

nylonnike8

Member+
The only thing I can think of is to leave this alone so people can still look at the gallery and just start another site next to it for new stuff. what do you think?
I say go for it, sites seems a bit busier now, we can build it up again, plenty of people want to upload pics, new site would be good

remixedcat

I'm working on another... allready have it setup domain is still propagating. it'll use different software since I have to have it on shared hosting and IPB is too bloated for that.

It'll have a gallery, forums, and news, and downloads... won't be as polished as this site since I gotta go with free software also since I don't got a lot of money.

I would only get better hosting if I had someone help me pay for it since I don't make as much  money as I used to. and paying 30/mo for a dedicated/vps+ IPB's renweal support prices was very steep.

IPB increased prices  lately and put more restrictions on domain transfers and renewals. and in order to keep upgrading you had to give them about 60 every 6 months which is a rip off.

They upgrade often as well.. and if one component wasn't upgraded but the rest were it wouldn't work.

Adidasboy81

Member+
Do i have to register my nick on the new site and where i can do that? I tryed to post a comment on my mobile but i couldn't do that. How u do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom