My Story

Gearfox

Hola, dear shinysports-lovers!

I'm writing from Madrid, Spain, and wonder how many other passionate lovers of shiny sport apparel might exist in Madrid, Spain, Europe and elsewhere in the world?
Thousand, millions? Anyway, I'm happy this community is back and we can share our collections, stories and insights.

A question that always puzzled me, if our passion is really so rare and special, or if, for some reason, all the shiny sportwear lovers just hide and wear their suits in the closet? Here in Madrid I rarely see enough shiny stuff, but elsewhere in Europe also a rare occasion. Obviously, once i see someone dressed up bright and shiny, the pleasure is incredible and safes the rest of my day ;)

I also wonder how you girls and guys discovered your passion? As a child, as a teenie, or later in life? Myself, I'm fascinated about that stuff since I can think, but while growing up the passion became stronger and more intensive. Still, this was before the days of internet, and that time I thought i'm a lonely weirdo, afraid to tell anyone about my fantasies and special love.

With time things got better, but still I think far too many of us live their shiny passion hidden and shady closet. Yet, we should be more proud and pride and hope in some time our passions are widely accepted, and our community will grow and spark.

I love sharing pictures and alike, but moreover, i like sharing stories insights and ideas.
So, let's share more about our searches and quests, about our bright, and shiny moments in life, and maybe also the dark and bitter ones ...

I feel, we have something wonderful in common, and I think that something, supershiny bright and special, we should appreciate  ;)

hunter

Gearfox: I always got the impression there arent many of us sportswear lovers. I dont see people wearing even the old style nylon pants hardly any more where I live. I remember 10 or 15 years ago adidas and nike pants were so common for casual wear and then it went out of style. I would see someone wearing them out in public every now and then but I think maybe 5 years ago or so I stopped seeing them at all. I think maybe the clothes wore out and probably got thrown out. Clothes dont last forever and most people will throw them out before they are even ripped or have holes just because they dont look like they did when they were new.

As for me... I got in to nylon when I played soccer as a kid. Adidas shorts were everywhere then and I just like how they felt. I didnt really know how to describe it to anyone. I remember girls soccer was also very popular at the time but Ive yet to meet any girls that have said that about nylon or polyester.

I would like new faces to show up here but Im also okay with it staying small. I think a little part of the fun is that its such a rare fetish. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom