2024 update

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
hi all, i'm very glad to see a group of people still get enjoyment from the site though i haven't been around

when i first took this site over i had a simple goal to fix what was majorly broken with the old site with pages not loading and the gallery not working. it was a fun and challenging hobby project at the time and i'm happy to see it continue working without too much effort on my part even as a newbie IT person

as interest in sportswear has always been small and not a hot topic for discussion even on bigger social media sites and blogs it has been hard for me to make ithe site better without paying a developer a lot of money to have the "nice things" you get on social media sites like tiktok and instagram. thanks for your patience on this. i just simply can't afford to put that kind of money towards this with everything else going on in my life.

i have always wanted to keep the site free as so much of the internet feels like a money suck or commercial pursuit these days, so it doesn't generate income for me but i don't think putting up pay walls was ever a good idea

i want to again thank adidasfan1988 early on for helping out as much as he did and cubitus for being around when i can't be to this day and hope you pass on your thanks to them too :)

to be honest i don't know that i can ever put much time into this site again but i hope it keeps working okay to do the basics of being able to chat and share pics and videos and i will try my best to do the little i can to keep it going. the way it is now is the lowest stress way for me to keep it running so i hope you understand why it is the way it is

if anything is broken it is important to say something as i can't fix problems i don't know about

one big update an old acquaintance kindly pointed me to was a better way to handle ignoring people with a bit of custom code that he was willing to share for free. as the staff team here is very small and we don't have great tools for moderation this has always been a problem as people can make multiple accounts to get around bans and ignores and it's unrealistic to ask one or two mods to be able to find these cases and stop people with too much time on their hands. email accounts are so easy to make and so many companies sell VPN services there is just no way to find these problems quickly

the good news is ignoring should now work more like how you would expect where people you ignore can't see what you post anymore and you can't see them either in most areas of the site. if that isn't working like that let me know and i will see if i can make sense of it

if you didn't see some of the recent news i also wanted to warn people about online scams and harassment becoming more frequent and tricky lately. if the giants can't control it what hope do i have if this site is targeted :( please be cautious, don't give our personal info in public places, and ignore people who harass you about money, sex, or business advice. this is not the kind of site where that talk like that is encouraged openly and i would personally be suspicious of strangers trying to bring that up

i hope this is a good year for everyone and take care :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom