A Really Crazy Idea

Miss Betsy

Member+
I don’t even know how to ask this. Would it be possible to take a pair of snow pants and convert them into actual windpants? Have any of you actually tried to? I want to but I’m a but hesitant because snow pants are usually heavily lined on the inside with those down feathers and other crap, which could make a mess when cutting out the lining. I also wouldn’t want to spend money and then ruin a pair. Any helpful advice?

chorlax123

Member+
Most snow pants/bibs are lined with polyester, which is cheaper than feathers, and usually a single piece/lining. It also will usually say what the lining is, and almost always specify if it is actually down/feathers (bragging rights).

Another thing to note is how the lining is sewn into the pants. Is it just loose and sewn at the top and bottom? Or is it sewn along the sides of the legs? If the latter, it would be a lot of work/frustration when you could just layer two pairs of windpants or sew two pairs together (the inner one inverted).

I've actually thought of doing the opposite, sewing two oversized pairs of Adidas windpants and stuffing them with down to make a super puffy overfilled pair. I've overfilled a pair of down pants in the past, and it's a lot of work and messy...

Hope that helps :)

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
So apart from the idea that even makes not the sence to me i think it would be an huge amount of work too. Equal if real downs or poly lining i think i would be be very tricky to get or cut the inner layer out, without destroying the outside. The more they're sewn together the more tricky it gets. And without experience it could be fastly frustrating.

Most of the clothes are sewn with an system where you can't simply get in from the middle, so for a good result you have to "start at the end" and go back all the way until you achieved your results...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom