If you’re interested.

Miss Betsy

Member+
So while out shopping yesterday, I saw a few windpants but there were two pairs that really stuck out to me. I was in the Apple Store with my friend and not one but two ladies who worked there had nylon pants on. I told them both that I liked their pants and asked where they bought them. One of the ladies had on Huf brand and the other one had on a pair from Prix Workshop. They’re pricey but here are the links

The Prix ones look better in person. Here are the Huf ones. A bit less expensive

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
They don't look really shiny... what is it about? Don't know if or where to buy those?

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Hmm both out of stock... Huf at 34,95$ is not that money. But the Sugoi 115$ 🤪

Alfabetcity

Member+
You ran into two women in nylon pants at one place?! Man, I'm envious. I don't know where you're from, but that seems almost unheard of in the eastern US. Then again, I don't go to the mall often--maybe I would see more if I did. But I guess they are making somewhat of a comeback. A few months ago, I found a full-page ad in the New York Times featuring a woman in a swishy tracksuit. That excited me. I would love to see women wearing wearing them as frequently as I did 25 years ago.

Miss Betsy

Member+
Well I can say theyre definitely back. It seems alot instagram influencers wear them, or at least that’s what the pinterest boards would have me believe. When I was in college there were quite a few girls who would, one in particular practically wore them a few times every month. Granted, she was a basketball player. I find it’s more the athletic girls that frequently wear them or people who work in sport stores, especially footlocker.

Alfabetcity

Member+
Well I can say theyre definitely back. It seems alot instagram influencers wear them, or at least that’s what the pinterest boards would have me believe. When I was in college there were quite a few girls who would, one in particular practically wore them a few times every month. Granted, she was a basketball player. I find it’s more the athletic girls that frequently wear them or people who work in sport stores, especially footlocker.
Yes, I can relate. I had a friend in college who was in track and cross country. One semester, she wore something swishy every single day. If it was warm, running shorts; if it was cold, windpants.

It's good to hear they've made a comeback. Yes, I do see it on Instagram from time to time. I think their comeback may have come from fashionistas on the West Coast a few years ago. I sometimes see women in the city I live near mimicking them, but I don't see it too much in the suburban small town I'm in. One company in LA that upcycles clothes sells a lot of them (although they're mad expensive). They're called the Frankie Collective. That's where I first became aware of the comeback. Also, our favorite West Coast family to gawk at, the Kardashians, wear them from time to time.

Miss Betsy

Member+
Im pretty sure it was the Kardashians who brought them back in the first place. Mainly Kim And Kourtney. So did Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Then other celebrities followed, which in turn influenced the influencers. Influencers influenced the everyday people

Alfabetcity

Member+
Im pretty sure it was the Kardashians who brought them back in the first place. Mainly Kim And Kourtney. So did Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Then other celebrities followed, which in turn influenced the influencers. Influencers influenced the everyday people
That could be. But there also seems to be a street vibe to it as well with these fashionistas, not just a celebrity vibe. But I honestly don't know enough about what was and is going on in the street fashion world over there to make any real arguments. I'm just going on my limited observations and impressions. This whole conversation does make me curious about the history windpants and street fashion, however, but that's me. 🤔

Satin slave 4 life

Member+
Damn so can't buy these clothes here I remember years back buying them from ebay but can't find them now any one know where to buy them

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Damn so can't buy these clothes here I remember years back buying them from ebay but can't find them now any one know where to buy them
What exactly do you mean? There are still some nice windpants on eBay, my personal problem is mostly the size... So in L/XL there are some nice clothes to get...

Miss Betsy

Member+
I was gonna say, ebay has a decent amount. If for some reason you aren’t lucky on ebay, try depop.

Swishymjh

Well living in Southern California, and Being big in to street wear. From my experience and what I’ve seen, windbreaker pants are definitely a vibe over hear. Or so it seems specially in the city I live vintage is back so it makes it trendy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom