i'll go first :)

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
hi there :) i just go by shinysmooth here. i've been a long time member of shiny sports and i remember when i first found the site how good it felt to know other people think shiny sportswear and tracksuits look or feel really amazing like i do. i've felt that way since an early age and i could never really explain it or figure out where it came from though ive had plenty of crazy theories. my favorite is still the classic black adidas with 3 white stripes or a rarer one with dark olive and white stripes. ive been off and on the site ever since the first year it was around and its had a lot of ups and downs since then

i own the forum now since the last owner hunter ghosted. i sent him a pm laste last year asking to see if i could help fix some long time issues with the site because it felt like no new people were finding it and people were steadily leaving. he let me help out to fix some issues with e-mails not getting sent and other small things and since then i think more people have come. more issues kept popping up though on the old forum so i recommended trying to switch to xenforo's software instead

i think it was a big upgrade for the site. it feels a lot faster than before and it has better support for short videos. the biggest thing was giving members the option to delete their content and their account. that was missing before and i think its really important to give people that option on any site. i hope some of the members who have left will decide to come back and that you guys have felt that its an improvement from the last few years too

anyway. a little while after i finished upgrading the forum hunter said i'm more qualified to own the site than he was and sent me the rest of the information to manage it and he hasnt said anything to me since. its been nice having this community to share content and appreciate sportswear together over the years so id like to keep it going while i can. im not on the computer much these days so if i disappear for a while thats why

sorry for the long winded intro but i thought itd be good to tell my story on that. nice to meet you all and i hope we can all get along appreciating sportswear and showing off new styles to each other

Last edited:

kipperflew

MVP
Member+
Thanks for taking over. The site is much fresher and easier to use since the upgrade and I feel there is much more activity going on as a result now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom