Adidas Firebird backlogo

PTK

Member+
Adidas has discontinued the famous Adidas Firebird Jacket with the big trefoil logo in the back. Got one used for my girlfriend on the internet but im unable to find one for me. As it was mostly sold for women and i'm 1.90 m tall (6'2 I think in usa) I cannot find a correct size for me over the internet. Adidas webpage no longer sells the iconic jacket, but sells now one very similar, same name even, without the big back logo. 

Does anybody know where to find a big size of this jacket (with the back logo on it) ? Or does Adidas still sell this item in you country? 

Thanks and have a nice day. 

kipperflew

MVP
Member+
Oh no, I love these! I have two. But I think there will still be plenty available on ebay and other resellers.

You could get the new one and make a logo with some heat press vinyl

adidasfan1988

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Adidas subtly change the Firebird slightly every couple of years, hopefully it will come back in a couple of seasons.

incidentally i realised in the 90s it was called the "Phoenix" jacket then that was changed to "Firebird"

kipperflew

MVP
Member+
True, a while back they had the back logo printed in a colour almost the same as the cloth, which was a bit pointless. And also there is a thing for sportswear companies to stop making a popular item for a bit then re-release it when demand has built up at a higher price, this happens with shoes.

adidasfan1988

Staff member
MVP
Member+
They change their signature tracksuit constantly, but very subtly, current jackets have a double "2 way"zip, which im not keen on, previous generation had a mini trefoil as the zip, before that a bar with "adidas" embossed - it goes on.... (yes i know i know too much about these jackets lol)

In the mid 90s when I first got into tracksuits they didn't have the back logo, my girlfriend has a white firebird with black stripes (which seems to be very rare these days!) from late 90s where the logo on the back is embroidered on and looks really nice. On her newer ones (pink + white stripe and blue + white stripe) it's like a vinyl sticker which while it still looks good, it does look a bit cheap, I'm sure the big logo will return

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom