Adidas soccer pants material

AdidasFan101

Member+
Hi all

I have noticed that the Adidas soccer pants have different type of material depending on the model. For example i have two pairs of regista 18 pants. One is climacool and the other one is aeroready. The climacool ones are the best and shiniest material that i have seen on Adidas soccer pants and the aeroready ones arent event quite shiny.

Have you noticed same thing and can you give hints on what type of soccer pants have the shiny kind of material

Thank you

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
Basically Nylon or Polyamid-6 (PA-6) is chemically seen a polymer, drawn to a fiber it can be woven into fabric.

As far as I know it’s all nylon (polyamid), BUT, that „modern“ climacool and the other stuff are thick woven fabric which is optimized for airflow so sweat from the skin is transported outside to evaporate.
The „old“ stuff or better those classic nylon fabrics are air/watertight to certain extend. Ripstop-Nylon was originally developed for parachutes, because it’s light, durable and reusable.
The real real shiny stuff is „just“ Nylon (Polyamid) but the difference in look and feel of the fabric makes the thickness of the fiber along with some treatment of the thread, like teflon coating or something like that… There are countless nylon fiber fabrics out there, the industry is constantly evolving that.

In your case It might have been that over the time adidas was trying different techniques to manufacture such material but tried a different marketing approach with the naming. But I can be wrong, ofc ;).
I personally have 2 very comfy Nike climacool pants but they are not the same as the shiny nylon stuff. For me they just comfy pants to wear nylon shorts underneath.

Im still convinced that Adidas and the others like Erima which used the exact same fabric had their patented stuff wich can’t be made on any of the modern machines but like in any industries there are lots of strategies and reasons… I still hope that stuff comes back someday.

Fun fact: Nylon (PA-6) is one of very little compounds you could in theory recycle 100%. You could melt it and draw a new fiber from it without any other chemical treatment. That is the reason it’s everywhere, btw.

I hope that this was helpful, maybe here is another one who knows even more about those fabrics.

AdidasFan101

Member+
Basically Nylon or Polyamid-6 (PA-6) is chemically seen a polymer, drawn to a fiber it can be woven into fabric.

As far as I know it’s all nylon (polyamid), BUT, that „modern“ climacool and the other stuff are thick woven fabric which is optimized for airflow so sweat from the skin is transported outside to evaporate.
The „old“ stuff or better those classic nylon fabrics are air/watertight to certain extend. Ripstop-Nylon was originally developed for parachutes, because it’s light, durable and reusable.
The real real shiny stuff is „just“ Nylon (Polyamid) but the difference in look and feel of the fabric makes the thickness of the fiber along with some treatment of the thread, like teflon coating or something like that… There are countless nylon fiber fabrics out there, the industry is constantly evolving that.

In your case It might have been that over the time adidas was trying different techniques to manufacture such material but tried a different marketing approach with the naming. But I can be wrong, ofc ;).
I personally have 2 very comfy Nike climacool pants but they are not the same as the shiny nylon stuff. For me they just comfy pants to wear nylon shorts underneath.

Im still convinced that Adidas and the others like Erima which used the exact same fabric had their patented stuff wich can’t be made on any of the modern machines but like in any industries there are lots of strategies and reasons… I still hope that stuff comes back someday.

Fun fact: Nylon (PA-6) is one of very little compounds you could in theory recycle 100%. You could melt it and draw a new fiber from it without any other chemical treatment. That is the reason it’s everywhere, btw.

I hope that this was helpful, maybe here is another one who knows even more about those fabrics.
I was talking about polyester not nylon

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
When you have an look in different pairs of pants/shorts you will see both kinds are made of both materials. So I've seen kinds of Poly (thin and thick) and the same in Nylon. And i think most of us doesn't recognize the difference between those fabrics... There are also kinds of fabrics mixed with cotton for example...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom