Dream Pair of Windpants

Miss Betsy

Member+
I’m feeling a little creative today so I figured I would ask all of you this. If you could design your dream pair of windpants, how would you design them? What color and features would they have. Would they say anything on them? Things like that.

Obviously, mine would be nylon and unlined. The ripstop kind they use in rain pants since they’re definitely more noisy than the regular ones. I would make mine straight leg with zippers on the ankles, as well as two zipper side pockets and one zipper pocket in the back. And finally, on the butt it would say “bustin’ mine to kick yours”

So that’s what I have. I’m curious to aee what all of you come up with.

Nylon guy Canada 85

Member+
Mine would be all features you mentioned but mine would say smack my *** since it turns me on when my wife smack me in my unlined swishy pants:)

tobexz

Member+
My dream pair of wind pants exists, but I can't ever seem to find them :(

They are the silver/grey vintage adidas windbreaker pants - I think a few of you on here probably have them. They're almost impossible to find, but when I eventually snag a pair, i'll be complete!

Miss Betsy

Member+
Are they the silver ones with the black stripes? Or are they the silver tearaway ones with the yellow stripes? I’ve seen the silver tearaway ones pop up every now and again on ebay and etsy. Way more than the regular silver with the black stripes.

tobexz

Member+
Are they the silver ones with the black stripes? Or are they the silver tearaway ones with the yellow stripes? I’ve seen the silver tearaway ones pop up every now and again on ebay and etsy. Way more than the regular silver with the black stripes.
Sadly the ones with black stripes :((
I'll keep up the hope though, surely someone will put some up for sale soon 🙃

monstrteddybear

Member+
My dream pair of wind pants exists, but I can't ever seem to find them :(

They are the silver/grey vintage adidas windbreaker pants - I think a few of you on here probably have them. They're almost impossible to find, but when I eventually snag a pair, i'll be complete!
Saaaaaame :'(

chorlax123

Member+
I had a pair when I was young of two layered nylon windpants, by The Gap, that were reversible. Navy blue on the outside layer, and light/sky blue on the other, I think maybe they had one thick stripe down the side of the leg of the opposite side's color. When you sat down, bent over, or otherwise moved around they'd poof up as the air between the layers was trapped for a bit... heaven. I really don't know why they even made a pair like that other than for fetishists.

I'd love to have a pair of two pairs sewn back to back like that. I've even thought about making my own pair like that out of a pair of adidas.

Eh, you know what, this thread has inspired me to do just that. I'll post an update when they're down!

shellsuitcum

Member+
Mine would be 90s shellsuit style. White mesh color blocking by the ankles. Same material for the outer shell. the mesh lining would go all the way down to the ankles and the material would be from the Charles River Team Pro pants. Zip pockets.

chorlax123

Member+
Sorry for the delay. Here they are:

full

full

It's really hard sewing through multiple layers of nylon (and two layers of elastic). I could have taken the elastic out, and undone some of the seams to make it more streamlined, but that would have been a lot more work. Instead it's just 2 pairs sewn back to back.

Still need to finish them off with a few more seams, but they're pretty cool! I chose my two favorite pairs of windpants for this project, but it's something I've wanted to do for a really long time. 😀

Miss Betsy

Member+
👏👏👏👏👏👏 job well done!!!! That had to be time consuming. Did you use a machine or do it by hand?

chorlax123

Member+
👏👏👏👏👏👏 job well done!!!! That had to be time consuming. Did you use a machine or do it by hand?
I used a typical sewing machine, but yeah, it's really tough. It often needs a couple manual hand turns to get it going, and needs some help advancing. Like I said, it would have been more ideal to remove the elastic waist band, and ankles, from one pair of pants, but I just wanted to get it over with as a proof of concept.

Also, forgot to mention that these pairs are both cotton lined, so it's really four layers of fabric: nylon, cotton, cotton, nylon. I'm really happy with them, and can't wait to go for walks in them when it's cooler outside. It's really fun wearing multiple layers of windpants, as I don't think anybody really notices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom