Gallery tidy up

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I have just removed around 200+ empty gallery folders which have been created many years ago and held no content.
These were (imho) making the gallery difficult to navigate, so i would be interested if people now find this an improvement.

I may if I get time rename some of the historic albums to give them a more meaningful name (if any of you have gallery folders with ambiguous names please try and update them). I have also removed some historic albums which were nothing to do with the sites subject of interest (mainly a couple about video games and some about mud that had no sportswear/shiny clothes involved).

Moving forward, please try and give your content meaningful names (not just 0000012334534534.jpg) and some nice tags to help surface the images, tags don't need to be anything special, just the brand, the item or something about the person or what they are doing is fine (i.e "adidas", "windpants", "blonde" etc is perfect), it all helps people out.

Please do not create gallery folders with no content - it seemed the same members over and over again doing this and this will be treated as spam!

Last edited:

Deleted member 5208

Member+
Good move re empty folders s3s. I know the site allows their creation, so wonder if it's possible to prevent that, and instead provide a 'new folder' option when uploading new media.

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
There are multiple "folders" which just have 1 item, all from a deleted member, i was tempted to lose or try and combine these as they are all similar clips, ill have a look

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
If that's the consensus I think its a good idea, i dont want to be removing anyones favourite content as thats happened elsewhere before and its a pain.

Deleted member 5208

Member+
If that's the consensus I think its a good idea, i dont want to be removing anyones favourite content as thats happened elsewhere before and its a pain.
Whether users have favourite media concerned should be irrelevant. Without trying to bring legal speak into it, the rights of the original owner, not the wishes of those who favourite media concerned, need to be taken into account.

If those who have favourited such media, find the images no longer on this site, they'll just have to deal with that.

If there is a lot of such media on this site that shouldn't belong here, or the user has closed their account, you've every right to tidy it up.

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
With respect, the site is here for the benefit of everyone with an interest in sportswear and shiny clothing, the content in a gallery is there for the benefit of anyone who wishes to view it.

Regardless if a user is active, inactive or deleted, if their content is relevant to the subject matter and therefore of interest to members of the site, there is no reason to remove it, this is a reasonably small community and unless there is a takedown request, I am not in the business of upsetting other members by removing content they may enjoy viewing without reason.

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
You are talking about a different issue, and I would advise you to refer to the Terms and Rules you agreed to when joining the site which are available here Terms and rules
If a deleted member (or an active - although they can remove it themselves) wants their content removed they can request so.
If you have privacy concerns over uploaded content you do not like being in a publicly accessible gallery please remove it or mark it as private or at very least advise of the content giving you concerns.

This matter you now want to raise, has nothing to do with deleting or moving a folder from a member who is no longer active and has NOT requested any content removal. I mentioned a number of albums of relevant content in this state, featuring 1 image a time from the same member which could/should be amalgamated.

Why you want to turn that into a discussion about copyright I am not sure, this is not the first time you have raised this issue over images or videos in the gallery, and you clearly have a problem or concern about the site that you want to raise. If you are genuinely concerned with your or anyone else's content, i would strongly suggest to you advise of the problem specifically.

If having read the Terms and Rules you agreed to, you now feel you cannot agree with the rules of the site, feel free to request account closure at the bottom of the terms page or request an admin close it for you if you prefer. I am not currently aware of any copyright complaints or take down requests being issued over any content and if there were they would be dealt with accordingly.

Meantime galleries containing relevant content remain available unless the copyright holder requests their removal or removes it themselves. It is worth noting that most gallery contributors do not hold copyright on uploaded images anyway as most appear to be web finds.

Lyrch3451

Not sure if there’s an easy way to do so but eliminating as much of the duplicate photos as possible would clean this site up considerably. There’s so much content on here it’s easy for one to repost a photo so I don’t fault no one for that. One example how many times have we seen the photos of Katy Perry in her purple jacket & shorts reposted on here? I bet it’s more than a half dozen.

ShineR

Staff member
Member+
I would agree to this... We don't need doubles of doubles we've seen enough. And yes, i think when the owner of an account close his account or is inactive for time X, admins should be free to erase contents when not needed... why not?

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I would agree to this... We don't need doubles of doubles we've seen enough. And yes, i think when the owner of an account close his account or is inactive for time X, admins should be free to erase contents when not needed... why not?
We are free to!, I would be more than happy to delete a number of old folders where I feel content is "weak", but that then becomes very subjective, and as this is a small community, I am not about that, at the moment there is absolutely no reason to delete content.

I did delete a number of gallery folders which were not connected to the concept of sportswear/shiny clothes at all, examples are: people playing video games (a set of 2 min videos of someone playing a Zelda type game with the camera constantly focused on screen is not on topic, even if the poster writes "playing 'X' while wearing track pants" as the title), various mud photo's where nobody was wearing sports/shiny clothing, a couple of out of context pics of panties, and a couple of crossdresser pictures again where they were not dressed in a manner compatible with the sites genre (I have no issue with CD/Trans images - i would probably encourage them, but again they should be in the context of sportswear/shiny clothes).
I think i had about 40 additional candidate folders for deletion yesterday but they ARE sports/shiny related so I want to look at the stats first.

As i tried to make clear earlier, I do not want to remove what might be popular content which other members may be enjoying just because to me it looks like junk.
Just for context some of these historic folders with 1 item I am referring to seem to have had hundreds of views, nobody is asking for them to be removed so I don't see any reason to.

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Not sure if there’s an easy way to do so but eliminating as much of the duplicate photos as possible would clean this site up considerably. There’s so much content on here it’s easy for one to repost a photo so I don’t fault no one for that. One example how many times have we seen the photos of Katy Perry in her purple jacket & shorts reposted on here? I bet it’s more than a half dozen.
There are multiples of many pictures, and i do agree, unfortunately I dont have time to go through almost 70,000 pictures to check.

Last edited:

Lyrch3451

There are multiples of many pictures, and i do agree, unfortunately I dont have time to go through almost 70,000 pictures to check.
Yeah I figured it would be a very large task so there should be no expectation on that. Your approach on cleaning things up based on popularity sounds fair to me.

Shiny3stripes

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Well searching for and deleting those albums took a good couple of hours to complete, if i see anything obviously duplicated ill delete it, but can't really go into each folder to check all the images, ideally each image should have proper tags but historically that has not been the case.

Its worth noting that there has not been any requirement to delete any content to make more space etc, I removed some old empty folders as it was frustrating looking for images, in a way I am surprised at the desire for removing gallery content amongst other members of the community, however i will try and get these pages looking a bit tidier and easier to play with if i can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom