imagetoimageai
New member
- Joined
- Oct 9, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I've been browsing the gallery for a while and mostly came for the vintage nylon tracksuits and shell jackets.
Since a lot of threads here revolve around photos, one thing I've picked up when shooting shiny fabrics: glare is the enemy. A few tips that helped me:
- Shoot near a window on an overcast day, or bounce a lamp off a white wall instead of pointing it straight at the garment. Diffuse light keeps the sheen without blowing out highlights.
- Turn off the phone flash. It flattens nylon and creates hot spots that hide the colour panels.
- Hang the jacket rather than laying it flat; folds in a flat lay catch light unevenly.
- Take one full shot plus close-ups of the tag, zip pull and any embroidered logo. Those details are what people ask about in identification threads.
- Keep the white balance consistent across a set so the colours in a series look the same as in real life.
Looking forward to learning more about older brands and labels from people who know far more than I do. Any recommendations for which threads to read first?
Since a lot of threads here revolve around photos, one thing I've picked up when shooting shiny fabrics: glare is the enemy. A few tips that helped me:
- Shoot near a window on an overcast day, or bounce a lamp off a white wall instead of pointing it straight at the garment. Diffuse light keeps the sheen without blowing out highlights.
- Turn off the phone flash. It flattens nylon and creates hot spots that hide the colour panels.
- Hang the jacket rather than laying it flat; folds in a flat lay catch light unevenly.
- Take one full shot plus close-ups of the tag, zip pull and any embroidered logo. Those details are what people ask about in identification threads.
- Keep the white balance consistent across a set so the colours in a series look the same as in real life.
Looking forward to learning more about older brands and labels from people who know far more than I do. Any recommendations for which threads to read first?