How to Make Windpants Noisier

Miss Betsy

Member+
The title explains it all really. I’m looking for a way to make my windpants noisier. I love when everyone can hear me coming, not to mention the looks I get turn me on sometimes. Is there a special way to wash them or something I can do to make them swish louder?

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
The title explains it all really. I’m looking for a way to make my windpants noisier. I love when everyone can hear me coming, not to mention the looks I get turn me on sometimes. Is there a special way to wash them or something I can do to make them swish louder?
Hmmm, I don’t think washing them differently does anything to make the fabric louder or stiffer… Bit maybe layering could improve the loudness. Try combining different materials and hear if it gets louder, maybe ;)
Never thought about making them louder, I’m more the stealthy type 😅

Adidasboy81

Member+
I think u just to buy some 100% nylon or polyamid pants, those are louder then polyester pants🤔🤗

Miss Betsy

Member+
All of my windpants are nylon😊 All of them are also very loud, some pairs are louder than others. Do you have any recommendations for extremely loud pairs?

Adidasboy81

Member+
I know the feeling when everyone is hearing you walk, that sound is amazing😍 When i hear someone to walk in that noisy pants, i will stare at her😍

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
It doesn't depend directly and only on the fabric for itself but on the thread count and the thickness of the threads. If you got fine threads it will be an soft fabric equal if PA or PE and that will be soft and silent. If you want it loud you have to look for more stiff clothing with an more rough fabric.

And I would say it's exactly the opposite of what adidasboy81 wrote. All my Polyester pants are definitely louder than those from Polyamide, because PE is more stiff.

Justlookin

Member+
I recently found a really loud pair from Holloway. The tag says it's nylon with an acrylic coating. It sounds louder than other pairs I have with polyurethane coating. But the pants with the acrylic coating aren't as smooth, they are rougher more like snow pants.

Also, never wash your nylon with fabric softener and never use the dryer, but you probably already know that. 😉

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Jep, as I said it depends more on the roughness of the fabric than on the fabric itself. The coating is inside and doesn't make an real difference in the loudness, because the swish happens by rubbing fabric on fabric on the outside...

So my Polyamide ones (most of them) got fine fabric with more treads/inch, treadcount (estimated and compared to fabrics I bought by myself) 350-400. The polyester clothes are mostly more rough, mostly rain clothes and got compared also to fabrics I bought an treadcount of 200-300... These are my experiences from diy and I have already bought several meters of fabrics and also processed them into clothing...

But equal... To the question from the thread, I don't think you can wash or generally make them clothes louder, too... Softener, that's completely right, isn't good at all for those clothes especially for coated or stretch fabrics. However, for an uncoated fabric without stretch, it's not that bad either. More important is how alkaline the detergent is in general.

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
I had some Columbia hiking pants with zip-off-legs wich I wore for work… I was working as lighting tech in mostly loud environments on stages or exhibition construction so the rustling noise was no „issue“ ;).
Anyways, those pants were really loud and were made from some really stiff and rugged nylon (polyamide)
Those were that comfy so I bought another pair…
Sometimes I wore them with some nylon shorts as underwear to go on walks or little hikes but only in colder weather. Those were really warm without inner lining and all because of that dense and thick weave, I don’t think those were coated.
So I used them at least for what they’ve been originally made for, lol.

Plasticfantasy11

Miss Betsy

Member+
I’ll try drying them naturally the next time. I wish there was a way I could just wash the inside of them (for sanitary reasons obviously) and keep the outer part of the pants dry. I’ve had nylon pants get stiff on me from not washing them for a little bit and that’s when they sound the sexiest

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
Unfortunately I don’t have a radiator. And why won’t that last?
It won’t last because wearing the pants and moving or flexing the fabric will make it smooth again and the fibers will get back into the condition they were at the beginning. But give it a try, there are countless different fabrics and combinations with coating and so on, as we all know and as cubitus tried to explain before.

Last edited:

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Just had an flashing idea... There is a laundry starch, which makes the clothes a little stiffer and thus they should also be louder... Could be worth a try.

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
Just had an flashing idea... There is a laundry starch, which makes the clothes a little stiffer and thus they should also be louder... Could be worth a try.
Not sure if that will work with other fabrics than cotton…

But maybe try to iron the nylon but beware of the melting point of PA6 wich is 215 Celsius …

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom