welcome back!

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
hey every one, the site is back. i expect there'll be some bugs to fix after all the work that was done but overall i think this new system is a big improvement for what we had before. i tried to fix some of the bugs hunter had with the old system when he bought it from the original admin but he already tried to figur it out and i spent a few days stuck on it and couldnt get anywhere so a complete refresh seemed like the best way to go

i know itll be an adjustment even if its an improvement so let me know if theres something that isnt working as expected

a few notes and tips-​

make sure you take a look at your account settings and set them to what you'd like. i'm not sure that the settings carried over 100% from the old site

if you were in the member+ group thats now controlled by "Enable NSFW Content" in preferences. check it and click save to view the member+ forums and albums

about the new gallery​

first big change i want to tell you all about is that you can delete your own albums and images now. i think it makes sense for everyone here to have control of their content. the old gallery had the option to hide images but i dont think that fit what a lot of people were asking for. hunter couldnt let us do that before because the old site was so corrupted that delete function in the gallery would cause the site to break so he had to keep it disabled but im very happy we can do that now

with that said i hope i can ask you all for a couple favors:
i know it can be a pain sometimes when you're uploading a lot of images but we really need to start giving photos in the gallery some appropriate titles or at least giving them proper tags. you can add tags by clicking the link here as an example when in the gallery:

1621997481763.png

they dont need to be perfect but tagging things like 'tracksuit' 'jacket' 'pants' 'shorts' or any of the colors of the clothing or brand names would be good tags. it will really help more people find this site and get more people to post so i really do think its for the best. theres almost 100k images in the gallery so its way too much to ask 1 person or even a small team to do that so making it a shared responsibility for all of us makes the most sense. you cant rename the titles of others images but you can tag them so please if you have time do that when you can

some broken videos
ive noticed some of the videos are broken and only show a thumbnail but wont play. im asking the software developer if this can be fixed so please standby

let me know what you think guys and thanks again for waiting patiently

Last edited:

monstrteddybear

Member+
Im a huge fan of the new look to the site, it seems much more organized in my opinion. Huge appreciation for the fact that this place still exists after all this time ♡. I don't know what I'd do without shinysports

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
As i can see the classical categories changed but there are still categories...

Deleted member 5208

Member+
Much better now. I did have a persistent issue logging in on the old one, and that seems to have been fixed with this update. I'm really pleased to see the ability to delete images, rather than having to report them etc. I had one I wanted to replace with a better quality version.

I can appreciate a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes. Happy days!

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
hey everyone i just heard from the software developer there may be a bug in the version installed and i might have to redo the work i did last weekend :(

i'd ask that you please dont upload new photos/videos for now until i hear back from them as youll probably have to upload them again

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
hi all, just an update. they found a workaround for the bug thats not ideal but it doesnt require starting from scratch and i think it'll just be the best way to go forward. trying to go back and do all that work again sounds like too much for me right now. feel free to keep posting new photos/videos and let me know if you have any problems with the site

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom