What would you do in this situation?

Justlookin

Member+
I bought some sweet unlined Adidas windpants online through an individual seller (eBay, depop, etc.). They are advertised as my size, men's XL. I have other Adidas XL wind pants that fit great. The tag on the pants I just received says XL, but these are very much smaller and do not fit. I was really bummed out about this. Looks like a women's or youth size maybe. For $25 price, what would you do? Return them, try to sell them, keep them, or something else?

Justlookin

Member+
full

They are unlined, size XL. I am sure it's a women's XL because the inseam is only 28 inches instead of 32. I'm bummed, have been waiting all week for these to get here and was really looking forward to rocking these on Christmas 🙁

Oh well, but the good news is after that I bought a different pair, also royal blue but with white side panels and blue stripes down the sides. Elastic ankles and white cotton/polyester lining! Like this pair:

(Unfortunately I'm not as hott as she is.)

full

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Hmmmm.... So usually women's size are not s/m/l but 36/38/40. So if there is an XL on the label it's not women's but men/unisex. But the sizing also depends on the decade they're made. Some years are bigger some smaller. I know that because I'm an S but sometimes also xs or M fits well especially with adidas.

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
But youth are mostly also labeled in cm ... ...152/164/176... and it stands for the height.
At least that's the case with products for the European market.

I would say it's an unisex which is mostly an compromise between the gaps.

But equal, to answer the question and stay in topic. If you can contact the seller, why not simply explain what's up and ask for return? And if the seller doesn't want that, you're still free to sell it again.... 😉

ShinyXOXO

MVP
Member+
Bit late to the party here but yep, I'd try to return them or negotiate a partial refund and gift or trade them to somebody you know. You could also relsell them but that might not be worth the effort...

ShinyNylonFetishMan

Member+
`You should be able to get a full refund, If the size was not correct in the description, this is 100% refundable. If it said Youth XL then you might not get a refund.

miked31784

Member+
full

They are unlined, size XL. I am sure it's a women's XL because the inseam is only 28 inches instead of 32. I'm bummed, have been waiting all week for these to get here and was really looking forward to rocking these on Christmas 🙁

Oh well, but the good news is after that I bought a different pair, also royal blue but with white side panels and blue stripes down the sides. Elastic ankles and white cotton/polyester lining! Like this pair:

(Unfortunately I'm not as hott as she is.)

full
She is so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom