Where to buy more nylon in public?

Miss Betsy

Member+
So go figure I went shopping last weekend looking for…..you guessed it…..windpants. However, I wasn’t very lucky. They had pairs but nothing in my size and if they were in my size, the nylon was newer and rough to the touch or the colors and patterns weren’t very appealing. I went to multiple stores but came up empty. When you all go out to malls and stores, where do you get lucky finding windpants? I’m trying to stay away from thrift stores because I have a tendency to be a bit if a clean freak and I have a friend who had an unfortunate experience with bed bugs after thrifting. I’m also trying to stay away from online retailers at least until after I pay this months credit card bill.

satnyl2

Member+
As we all know it is difficult to find such things in stores. Shiny nylon is becoming more popular as i see a lot more of it on the streets. With the cold weather coming in shiny puffer jackets will be everywhere.

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I don't know what shops you got... But in Germany it's nearly the same, really shiny new clothes are rare. So you could have luck in sporting shops like Decathlon, Intersport or Runners Point and sometimes you can get some nice pic's in stores like H&M or Olymp&Hades but i think you don't have the same stores... So you should have a look in your local sporting and outdoor stores is the best info i can give...

Miss Betsy

Member+
So no surprise, I went shopping again yesterday. Checked out my local sports stores. They had some nice crinkly nike ones, but not in my size…..go figure. They also had some nice columbia ones but once again, not my size. To be honest, I’m getting ready to just drive all over my area and make a day trip out of buying windpants

monstrteddybear

Member+
Good luck. I go to every outdoors and sport store here searching for even just one new pair. Cost is not the issue, it is that they simply don't make nylon how they used to. I check out thrift shops and they have windpants but usually so used and worn that its not even slippery.

Miss Betsy

Member+
Damn that really sucks. It seems like the only nylon that is close to what we’re looking for is only found on rain pants and not regular windpants. If that’s the case then I know what I gotta do next time.

chorlax123

Member+
While I've have been to Goodwill once or twice, I usually just buy used from ebay. But unfortunately the best style (late 90s/early 2000s) is getting more rare, and much more expensive. 10 years ago you could buy mint condition used shiny Nike/Adidas in all sizes and colors on ebay for $15-$20, now it's at least $35. Still though, worth a look.

monstrteddybear

Member+
Yeah i was browsing last night for a pair on ebay and the pants that they had available were in worse condition than the ones i already had, and they all cost 30+ for even a half decent pair. And they all had scuffs and holes and loose threads. It makes me sad

Our fetish is getting pricey!

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Yeah, looks like that... I was yesterday browsing ebay too but i got an lucky find. An blue Adidas unlined Nylonpant with the classy 3S and over this in size S true fit to me... 😜😃

Miss Betsy

Member+
Lucky! Maybe them being hard to find means that more and more people are buying them? Aaaaand if that’s the case, it means that theyre back in style and here to stay for a long time???? Hopefully??????? God I hope so

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I'm with you... Hope that too... But i think it's more like people see Vintage fashion come up again and want to get rich selling rare vintage goods. So this standard adi pants i bought yesterday was 50€ + 5€ shipping and they're not something special 🙄....
full

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
So no surprise, I went shopping again yesterday. Checked out my local sports stores. They had some nice crinkly nike ones, but not in my size…..go figure. They also had some nice columbia ones but once again, not my size. To be honest, I’m getting ready to just drive all over my area and make a day trip out of buying windpants
Btw you said Columbia... Did they got the "Flash pants/ Flash Forward"?
I think they're really nice but not available in Germany 🙄

Miss Betsy

Member+
Those are some nice adidas pants. Columbia used to have the “flash pants” they look nice. I dont know if they’re still available but Ill look. I might buy myself some columbia “storm surge” pants soon. Or some adidas rain pants. I might just start buying rain pants because they’re the nylon that we all seem to know as love

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
They're not bad too ... So when you're searching for rain pants which aren't too pricey i can recommend the Cox Swain women's 3000mm... They're not expensive (~20€ in Ger), got an nice shine, are also pretty noisy and got these nice slick coating on the inside 😉

nylonjunkie

Member+
So go figure I went shopping last weekend looking for…..you guessed it…..windpants. However, I wasn’t very lucky. They had pairs but nothing in my size and if they were in my size, the nylon was newer and rough to the touch or the colors and patterns weren’t very appealing. I went to multiple stores but came up empty. When you all go out to malls and stores, where do you get lucky finding windpants? I’m trying to stay away from thrift stores because I have a tendency to be a bit if a clean freak and I have a friend who had an unfortunate experience with bed bugs after thrifting. I’m also trying to stay away from online retailers at least until after I pay this months credit card bill.
Depending on your location, I tend to have good luck with Ebay, Poshmark, Depop, Mercari etc. Nike, Puma, Adidas outlet stores have good ones too. Nylon shorts are goodnto come by as well. They are usually easy to get, a little cheaper and still satisfy the nylon felling. We prefer shorts over pants.

king 47

Member+
I saw a couple nylon pants and nylon shorts at dicks sporting goods. It’s a us store if you have one around your area. I recommend checking.

Miss Betsy

Member+
I’ve been to dicks before. They had nylon pants. A little crinkly but thats fine. The colors did nothing for me though. They were a combination of white, light blue, and pink. I like those colors and would buy nylon in those individual colors but not together on the same pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom