NSFW vs SFW (What does it mean?)

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
Hello all

this question came up in discussion with a member and I thought I should post this publicly. I thought the terms NSFW and SFW were used in many places on the internet so everyone would know what it meant but I realized it could not be internationally recognized.

For our English speaking members:

For our German speaking members:

If you think you can define this more succinctly to a broad group of people please do so. Its very important all our members understand what these terms mean and id appreciate your feedback

to further clarify to all members
even if there is no nudity it is still NSFW if there is heavy focus on erogenous zones or adult themes like water and bondage involved
if you want to upload NSFW content please post them only to:
  • Member+ (NSFW) category directly
  • Member+ (NSFW) category in an album with public access
  • Private albums
  • Member+ forums
please encourage other members to read this thread if you find them posting in the wrong sections

Last edited:

shinygirl

MVP
Member+
Hi. Yesterday you changed my album “Shinygirl” from SFW to NSFW in member+ section. Since then a lot of users ask me why I hide my pics. I said I didn’t hide my pics, but I don’t know why they couldn’t find my gallery and view my pics. 🤔

adidasfan1988

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I assume these users who are contacting you do not have "NSFW" switched on in their profile, looking at the pictures you posted recently it seems there are a lot of shower scenes and implied stripping which users expecting SFW pictures my find awkward or embarrassing if viewing from a public area.

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
Hey... Just had an look in the log. I can't find changes and also i can still see the album.... Maybe users are not member+?

*Cubitus*

Staff member
MVP
Member+
I assume these users who are contacting you do not have "NSFW" switched on in their profile, looking at the pictures you posted recently it seems there are a lot of shower scenes and implied stripping which users expecting SFW pictures my find awkward or embarrassing if viewing from a public area.
Or this is also an option...

shinysmooth

Staff member
Member+
Ok. I understand. 😉

thank you for taking the time to ask questions shinygirl. i would personally recommend separating your general fashion content from your nsfw content to two different albums

to further clarify to all members
even if there is no nudity it is still NSFW if there is heavy focus on erogenous zones or adult themes like water and bondage involved

if you want to upload NSFW content please post them only to:
  • Member+ (NSFW) category directly
  • Member+ (NSFW) category in an album with public access
  • Private albums
  • Member+ forums
please encourage other members to read this thread if you find them posting in the wrong sections

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom